Physical therapy can renew or restore movement and strength, prevent falls, alleviate pain via ultrasound and massage, and improve ones walking and balance ability. Common client diagnoses that physical therapy can help include, but are not limited to: stroke, total joint replacement, peripheral neuropathy, Parkinson’s Disease, Cerebral Palsy, arthritis, osteoporosis, and fractures.
Symptoms that may indicate need for Physical Therapy
- Loss of lower-extremity strength/range of motion that contributes to loss of function.
- Increased difficulty with walking.
- Decline in balance contributing to increased risk for falls.
- Increased difficulty with transfers.
- Significant loss of independent mobility.
- Increased difficulty with bed mobility.
- Increased pain over past six months that contributes to loss of function.